newsletters

RE:US Postage Stamps

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:US Postage Stamps
From: "Joe Laurito" <TRGLORY@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 96 22:03:50 UT
on 8/30/96 Carl Musson writes:
"Post Office requirement is:

200 pieces or more.  pre-sorted by zipcode and bundled according to zips.
The cost is determined by how finite the sorting/bundling.  If you do it
by the first 3 digits, it is one amount and if by all 5 it is cheaper.
BUT, bundles have to be a certain quantity too.  Contact the local
Postmaster for rules/regs.  They probably have changed since I last looked
(couple years ago)."

The rules changed on July 1, 1996. Discounts are now extremely large for major
mailers who bar code, package, presort, etc., etc., but are minuscule for us
small potato newsletter editors who don't have the volume and/or technology to
do these things. Talk to your window clerk about it anyway, but the odds are
somewhere between slim and none that it will be worth your while.

BTW, when the self adhesive stamps came out, I threw my stamp applicator in
the garbage. You can get them in 100 stamp coils, 20 stamp sheets and 10 stamp
sheets (depending on the denomination). No more filling cartridges with water
and having it spill all over everything; no more using the dog's tongue on the
ones that didn't glue right. Just peel & stick - I love these things!

Joe Laurito, Editor
Central PA Triumph News
trglory@msn.com