newsletters

Bulk mail

To: "newsletters@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Bulk mail
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-537-6732)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 13:21:27 -0500
The scoop on bulk mail is:

This is 3rd class, BTW.

You must have a minimum of 10 pieces per zip, 200 total. There is one
rate for a group of 10 or more of one zip code, another for 10 or more
of the same first 3 digits of the zip code, then another for mixed zips
in the same state.

The mail must come already bundled by zip code, first three digits, and
mixed by state.

Once the mail reaches a certain volume (by weight) another, cheaper rate
kicks in. We send out 2000 flyers for my theater, and we have to sort
them, etc. Not enough for the big bulk rate, though.

Really, for 200 newsletters the work involved is hardly worth the savings
in postage. But I guess if you need to save a buck here and there, that'll
do...

Larry