Re: Rear ends

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear ends
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:46:30 -0500
At 02:43 PM 11/14/01 -0000, George Dow wrote:
>Hi there
>             Disc brake rear ends can have very poor hand brake
>performance...... Perhaps not as important on the track as on the road ?

George,

   Don't know what year Morgan you have, but with mine, and from several
others I've heard from, the Emergency Brake in the Morgan is mostly for
looks.  Although it does have enough bite to do a "hand-brake turn".

  And as Richard Feibusch points out, the use of a block of wood, I know
several Morgan owners that carry a wooden set of chocks for the "parking
brake".  :)

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan