Rear ends

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear ends
From: Stuart DeBaker <s_debaker@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:09:30 -0800 (PST)
Original message:

>>>>Don,

    So you're thinking about putting an MGB rear end
in your Morgan.
  Great idea!!!  I've been toying with that,  Sprgit
rear or a Cortina
  rear, but haven't had the time, or money.

  Anyway, if you do, how about taking lots of pictures
and notes and
then
  write up an article for the SOL Morgan web page.

  John
John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:
jblair@exis.net>>>>>>>>>>>

I would not use a Spridget rear end. The axle shafts
are not very strong. Even the power of a
slightly-modified BMC "A" series engine can break the
stock shafts. Think what stress a well-driven Morgan
would put on them. Improved half shafts are available,
but the cost is extraordinary. Start with a stronger
axle assembly.

Paul Rollins
http://personals.yahoo.com

///