RE: tops

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: tops
From: scott.barrie@CIMtegration.com (Scott Barrie)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:26:28 -0400
Some years ago I got both a new top and a new tonneau from the works for
what I felt were quite reasonable prices. They came with all the fasteners
separate so that I could match them to the fasteners on my car. On the
tonneau, the litte bit that goes over the steering wheel was also left
uninstalled - almost as if they weren't sure whether my car was right or
left hand drive.

That was a bit surprising because....

When I bought my car in 1973 it was painted fire engine red but in previous
lifetimes had been both yellow and blue (possibly at the same time). Before
I could drive it, it needed body work and so I decided to return it to it's
original colour, even though I didn't know what it was. I sent a letter
with the serial number off to the Morgan works and 10 days later got a
reply from Peter Morgan that included a chip of the original paint
(Imperial Crimson). I had it matched and the car has been that colour ever
since. That's a good thing because years after that when I ordered the top
and tonneau, I again gave them the serial number so I would be sure that
everything would fit. When the top and tonneau arrived they both came with
with piping in the original colour. It was a pleasant surprise. Of course
pleasant wouldn't have been the word I'd use to describe the surprise had
the car still been any of the other colours... :-).

Scott Barrie

'63 Plus 4