Re: TexMog

To: Charles A Harris <harris_simmons@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TexMog
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 21:15:37 -0700
Charles A Harris wrote:

> Steve,
>  I think everyone got back from TexMog o. k.  The Glovers passed Matilda
> at about mach 3 beyond Athens after they, the Boyles and Barbara and I
> had lunch( yes we were still eating).  Have not heard from Jeff or
> Nogueria as of yet.  Matilda, except for the left head light falling out,
> really performed flawlessly, but this morning, when I opened the garage
> to dry her out a tad, the left rear tire was flat.  I thought it was
> perhaps her still being in a fit of pique from having erected her hood
> due to the torrential rain, but the truth was that her Perilli P3's
> purchased in 82 seemed not only not to have any tread left, but all of
> them are really rather cracked, showing how things are not capable of
> holding up very well for the long haul any more.  I ordered 6 new Dunlop
> SP20's which will not be in until friday.  I hope these will stand up to
> the light wear which Matilda requires, better than the P3's did, although
> I do not know how well the Dunlops will do at Autocroses.
> I will send the flex pipe Wed. morning.  I agree with you that Ted and
> Bonnie Glover did a great job for this the 17th TexMog, and the Boyle Mob
> on the gymkhana.  Jeff, bless his heart, is who shagged the regailia.
> Congratulations on your lovely 4/4 finally finding a name..Lucy has a
> good home.
> Chuck Harris
> 66 4/4, 60 4/4, 57 BMW300, 55 Chevy PU, 65 Mustang conv.,68 Honda 90, 74
> Thing, 83 F150 4X4, 91 Grand Daughter
> On Mon, 13 Oct 1997 05:49:56 -0500 "Stephen F. Bauserman"
> <sbauserm@actsnet.com> writes:
> >Hope everyone from the Dallas area made it home OK. The Houston group
> >did
> >fine with no incidents along the way.  My exhaust held together all
> >the way
> >home.
> >
> >Thanks everyone in Dallas for hosting a great weekend it was nice to
> >meet
> >those of you I have been emailing all this time.
> >
> >A special note to Chuck Harris regarding what's in a name.  The name
> >Lucy
> >came up for consideration.  Thinking of L. Ball of "I love Lucy" fame.
> > She
> >was a red head you never knew what was coming next.  You could also
> >apple a
> >Kenny Rodgers country tune.  You Picked a fine time to leave me . . .
> >The
> >negative aspects of this will probably steer us in a different
> >direction.
> >
> > Thanks for a great weekend.
> >
> >Steve Bauserman
> >67 Morgan 4/4 Competition
> >83 Mercedes 300SD
> >96 Cherokee Country
> >
> >Chuck-sorry about your flat tire.I think my Mog is being a bad influence
on Matilda.(left rear, also?)The family and I had a wonderful time at
Texmog also-outstanding job, Ted and Bonnie Glover, and Thanks to the
Boyles for the blindfold funkhana.Only problem is, after seeing Steve
Bauserman's 4/4, I am blinded with new wire wheel lust.OK, I'll settle
for ROUND wheels...
                -Jeff Smith
                1968 4/4