mini-baja

Re: brakes and helmets

To: "John G." <jjjsix6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: brakes and helmets
From: susantoa@pdx.edu
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:25:31 -0800
None of the rules explicitely say "diagonal split"  But when the rules say "
Mini Baja vehicles must be capable of braking in a straight line with at least
two wheels locked."  That means it could be two in the front, two in the rear,
two on the left, two on the right or one each on the front/rear (thus
diagonal).

I've never interpreted it as diagonal, but someone emailed the list earlier:
"    I would like to add to this discussion by noting that the brake system
has to be split either front/rear or diagonally.  Any other way will not get
you through Tech.  I am not sure if this is written rule, but its kind of a
common sense thing.
"

I'm guessing that while no sane Mini Baja designer would design their brake
split to be diagonal, to get through tech when you have to have two tires
locking, it could be split diagonally.  In any case, I don't think any of us
are saying a diagonal split is the way to go.  :-)

Thanks,

Andre S