mgs

Re: MG TD Valuations

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>, MG News Letter <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG TD Valuations
From: car@texas.net (Carol )
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 15:45:57 -0600 (CST)
Bob

At the following web site, I found the information I included below...

http://specialcar.wwa.com/priceguide/price_m.html

Against each entry, three prices are quoted, according to condition.=20

          Condition 1 to 2+ will therefore tend to be in excellent all-round
condition
          but not necessarily concours winners - which may well be able to
command
          and fetch more.=20
          Condition 2 to 3+ are those that are sound and can be used
immediately,
          but might benefit from some cosmetic attentions; and=20
          Condition 3 to 4+ ('restoration projects' deserving of 4 and 5
ratings may
          possibly be bought for less still) will be complete and running
but will almost
          certainly require major restorative work.=20

     Prices are in Pounds Sterling (=A3) and U.S. Dollars ($).

MG

                                                   Condition Condition
Condition Condition Condition
   Model                         Year(s)  1 to 2+     1 to 2+       2 to 3+
2 to 3+       3 to 4+   3 to 4+=20

 TD                            1949-53  =A3 11500   $ 17825   =A3  8750   $
13562   =A3  5500   $  8525 =20

I looked at your photos and lusted after the car!! Talk about a "dude
cruiser!!!" <VBG> Of course, that is not likely *your* interest in the=
 vehicle!=20

It *does* have all the pieces, or so it seems. Lotsa' work. Lotsa' time.
Hmm....what have I left out here? There must be lotsa' something else....!

At 11:12 AM 11/15/96 +0000, Robert Allen wrote:
>TGIF!
>
>I was wondering if the TD folks on this list might provide some wisdom
>on MGTD valuations.
>
>I was out in Phoenix and came across an MG TD. I don't know much about
>TDs and, for the money, you can sure buying a more functional car.
>Anyway, I snapped some pictures and cobbled together a page this
>morning. I would be curious how one figures the value of these cars.
>
>The URL is:
>
>http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/td
>
>Shared wisdom appreciated,
>
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGCGT
>
>--=20
>*** STANDARD DISCLAIMER
>*** Please assume all lines end with smiley face emoticon :-)
>*** unless passage contains improbable anatomical action phrases=20
>*** in which case the raspberry emoticon can be implied ;^P***

500% Texan!!