mgs

Re: Real MGs

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Real MGs
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 23:48:02 -0800 (PST)
At 11:21 PM 11/9/96 -0500, you wrote:

>have been getting letters from Rover lawyers telling them to cease and
desist using the Octagon and the letters MG
>inside.  Those that belong to the NE MG T Register will note that Mr. Knudsen
>has deleted all Octagons on business cards of the advertisers.  I am not sure
>where this leaves NEMGTR in using the same logo......I guess Rover will next
>come after those you that have an ASCI octagon in your email signature!

Are you saying that hundreds of MG clubs throughout the world would be
unable to use the MG logo? That's really idiotic (and classic lawyer
thinking). The use of the MG logo would be great publicity for a revived
(remember it's a BMW owned logo) MG. Next they'll want us to scrap our cars!
My action is do  nothing but continue having MG fun.