mgs

RE: A question for all MG enthusiasts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <HARTLEY_MC@Mercer.PeachNet.EDU>
Subject: RE: A question for all MG enthusiasts
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 01:11:07 -0500
>>I've got a question for everyone to ponder.
>>
>>I'm thinking about getting an MGA as a project car.
>>I've never owned and MG, but one of my good friends
>>had a Midget until finances forced him to sell it.  He
>>and I did most of the mechanical work on that car,
>>but that is the only experience I've had with working
>>on MGs.  I know my way around a car, but I've never
>>tried to restore one before.
>>
>>Is it a good idea for me to get a project car, or should
>I shoot for a driver?  Any other information that you
>>think will help me I'd appreciate.

Ahhh ... the force is strong in this one ...

Well, "Young Hartley", only you can answer this
question ... the true meaning of MG Ownership lies
deep within you ... only you can find it.  Feel the
force ... it is within you ... let it be your guide.

I'm only half kidding ... there is no right or wrong
answer to the question ... the answer depends on
what you want out of owning an MG ... the 'force'
that is driving you to purchase one.

IMHO ... if you find working on a car a bit tedious
then buy the best 'driver' that you can afford, perform
routine maintenance, and enjoy ... if you *really*
enjoy working on cars then go for the 'project' car
... the 'A' is not difficult to work on ... the folks on
the list will be glad to give both moral and technical
support ... you will have a blast and end up with an
intimate working knowledge of your car.

Just my opinion ... YMMV.

Safety Fast ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
                      '62 MGA 1600 MkII