mgs

Wire wheels for '77 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheels for '77 MGB
From: ATemin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 11:40:44 -0400
I recently bought a '77 MGB that has wire wheels.  However, they  and the
hubs are in need of replacement.  It seems like I have a choice to stick with
wire wheels or switch to steel wheels, and was wondering about the upkeep
requirements of the two.

I am driving the car every day (that is, every day it's not in the shop),
mostly on a highway.  I'm concerned that with wire wheels I'll have to have
them trued up every so often, and they are more likely to get out of round
due to potholes and other road obstacles.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron Temin
atemin@aol.com