mgs

Re: Wire wheels for '77 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire wheels for '77 MGB
From: Andrew Murdock <Andrew.Murdock@cdc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:21:17 +0100
At 08:02 AM 8/28/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Aaron,
>
>Wire wheels are an anachronism, out-dated and obsolete.

Yep, but they sure do look nice :-)

And lets face it you could say the same about the cars themselves, they all
require significantly more work than a modern jelly mould, have faults too
numerous to even go into, are frustrating, noisy, by no means luxuriously
comfortable but we love them all the more for it.

On the subject of getting the tires changed, there are some garages around
who do know how to do it, my father's in Florida for one, but obviously he
is an exception, looks like a normal autoshop from the outside apart from
the A that he and I restored ground up when he still lived in the UK
(another tale in itself) and a TF at weekends, then you look out back and
there sits a row of MGAs to be restored, and a couple of Bs, which he mainly
does as a form of relaxation from the madness of the garage.

Andrew