....and now ..stop

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ....and now ..stop
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:16:43 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
After 4,000 km of trouble free motoring in my newly built MGB GT V8....it died. No spluttering, SU pump seems to be working (tick tick tick), restart attempt got some brief action and had tiny attempts to start. I suspect electrical, and suspect maybe the unmarked coil that I used maybe dead. If I fitted a 6V coil without ballast - would it get toasted? If I have a Lumenition set up do I need a ballasted 12V coil, or a ballasted 6V coil, or a 12V or a 6V. I think I need a 12V with ballast for Lumenition !!

I am also going to fit an aluminium rad as I still have a little heating problem in traffic jams even on cool days - takes while but it gets there !!!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm
///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.