Rocker arm clearance check

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker arm clearance check
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 06:39:48 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi everybody,

I have some intermittent valve noize, ticking sound and want to check  the
rocker arm clearance when the push rod is on the back of the cam.  Is  there a
guide that I can use to know when certain pushrods are on the back of  the cam
to avoid taking off the valley pan?  Something like with #1 at TDC,  you can
check the valves on #1,4,7, with #2 at TDC, you can check #2,5,8,  etc.?

Cheers,

Rick