Re: Distirbutor Wiring

To: Jeff Howell <howellmail@worldnet.att.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distirbutor Wiring
From: Simon & Donna <sdaustin@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:45:07 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jeff,

From your description of the white & white/black wires, I'll assume you're
using an early tach in your car. You state the white wire goes to the tach. Early tachs used the positive post for it's signal. My '74 wiring has two white/black wires coming off the negative post of the coil; one to the tach, the other to the distributor. My white wire goes to the #5 position on the fuse panel.

Based on my assumption, the wiring diagram I'm looking at shows the white wire goes to the positive post, the white/black to the negative post and your Pertronix wiring is correct. You should have four terminals on your coil to hook this all up. If not, "dual" terminals can be added.

HTH
Simon

Subject: Distirbutor Wiring

Can someone tell me the proper wiring for the distributor on a Buick 215? I
have a white/black and a white coming from the dash. The white is from the
tac. There are the two wires from the Pertronix, red and black.

Please someone confirm if this is right.

White/Black to positive on coil

White to positive on coil

Red from distributor to positive on coil

Black from distributor to negative on coil

Wanted to make sure before I fired up the engine for the first time since
the rebuild and burn up the Pertronix. Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.

Jeff Howell