RE: Sad News

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, "Deikis, John" <John.Deikis@med.va.gov>, <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Sad News
From: "Mclean, John R" <JohnRMclean@eaton.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:03:55 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hmm

Tem will tell

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hunt [mailto:paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:58 AM
To: Deikis, John; Mclean, John R; mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net

A natural progression from an oil-burner?

Not 'buy' 70% of MG Rover's UK operation but own 70% of the joint venture in
China.  All Intellectual Property rights of the joint venture.  Seems
reasonable, it would be difficult to split them also, and SAIC are putting
cash into MG Rover's UK operation in return.  As well as selling
China-produced vehicles in the UK, possibly Rover badged products, MG Rover
in the UK will continue to develop their own niche products like MG
variants, funded from their earnings from the joint venture as well as their
UK operations.  That is how I understand it having listened carefully to
John Towers, although of course things could change in any direction at any
time.

PaulH.