Re: trans , bellhousing questions

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "Automobile Information" <autoinfo@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: trans , bellhousing questions
From: "Allen Wulf" <wulfmgbv8@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:11:10 -0600
Cc: "Larry Hoy" <larry@marketvalue.net>, "Michael Cline" <mike@pikespeakplastics.com>, "Mike & Janet Cline" <mcline@substrates.com>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Mike,

If you do have a GM bellhousing the bolt holes on the bottom should be 9
1/8" apart, the top ones should be 8 1/4" appart and the distance from the
bottom row to the top row should be 4 7/8".  My source for the measurements
is Issue IV Vol. 1 of the MG V-8 Newsletter.  If the ears on your front case
doesn't have the same measurements it probably isn't a GM transmission.  The
bolt holes in the GM bellhousing are 1/2", but the ones on the GM T-5 a tad
smaller.  I reamed mine out to 1/2 " with a electric hand drill and then it
bolted up perfectly.  Hope this helps.

Al Wulf