Need a couple parts

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Need a couple parts
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:53:14 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All,

Where are all my catalogs when I need them.  I know I've had a TR8 Vicky Brit
and Roadster Factory catalog in the past, but none to be found now.

My 75 MGB V8 (TR8 engine / trans) is starting to show it's age - 5 glorious
years driving it.

The head broke off of my dip stick, so now I'm blowing oil out of the
crankcase.  Anybody have an expedient solution here.  Duct tape is the short
term
solution.  I've got a modified oil pan, so the stock TR8 one probably would be
too long.

Also, the retaining bolt holding the shifter in place has vibrated loose and
is missing.  I looked on moss, vicky brit, lbcarco, and roadster factory web
sites to try to find the part, but to no avail.  If somebody has a Vicky Brit
TR8 catalog and can look up the part number for me I would appreciate it.
Better yet, if somebody knows what size bolt that is, I could just head to the
local hardware store and get another one.

Safety Faster.....with a V8,

Rick