RE: trans , bellhousing questions

To: "'Automobile Information'" <autoinfo@comcast.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: trans , bellhousing questions
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:17:49 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Assuming you are going to use this with a Buick 215/Rover engine, the only
bell housings that will work are a GM Buick/Olds 215 which is very round
with 2 short ears that are square ended, or the TransDapt which is the same
except it is a full 360` bell. With the GM, there are 3 bolt patterns, 4
holes almost a square pattern which won't work- 3 speed tranny- 4 holes in a
wide pattern with 1 pair wider than the other- a 4 speed trans-, & finally
an 8 holer which is a dual pattern 3 & 4 speed.

Send a picture showing the bolt pattern.

Jim Stuart