Ford 302 questions

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Ford 302 questions
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:28:00 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My OEM harmonic balancer on my 1969 302 engine needs to be replaced.  What
benefit is gained from choosing the viscous silicone dampener over the
elastomeric (?) OEM type?  What is the reason the Fluidamper is so much more
expensive
than the one from Pro tech brand?
Also - Has anyone installed Keith Black hypereutectic pistons?  They say
'full floating pin' in the ad, and I wonder if that means I will not need to
have
them pressed on and off like the OEM ones?