RE: Door buffer

To: barrier@bconnex.net
Subject: RE: Door buffer
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:31:35 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'll assume you're talking about the buffer inside the door hinge? If so, I just looked at mine and they're about an inch in diameter and about 1/2" thick. Fairly pliable by the looks of it as well. Never gave them any thought until now. Maybe a good hardware store will have something to use in place of originals?

I read your other message about the window stops and the only things I could find in a catalogue was in Victoria British, page 68, #33 "Buffer-Glass Stop". Is that what you have?
Cheers
Simon

My MGB GT doors suffer from lack of door stopper mechanisms. The rubber buffers are NA but obviously easily made. Anyone know the correct thickness? Recommendations?

Regards
Barrie