Re: Ford 302 questions

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ford 302 questions
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:51:01 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I can't speak to the difference in the hormonic balancers except to say
that when I was racing a lot of the guys preferred the fluid style.  For
full floating pins you will most likely have to have the rods pressed on
and off, or vice cersa.  Having the pin pressed into the rod holds it in
place and prevend scraping against the cylinder wall.

On my recent rebuild of my 65 289 I switched to a 302 crank and
balancer.  This necessitated redesigning the front cross brace on my
1960 TR3A because the dampener was further forward than the old one.  To
build a new cross brace for a TR3A bend it at ten inch centers to 32
degree with 1 1/2" DOM tubing.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom