RE: What should I do with these headers?

To: "'Michael Hartwig'" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What should I do with these headers?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:24:21 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Michael:

I vote for the weld in some more material and re-shape the ports so they get
some reasonable gasket contact.  The places where the bolt holes almost
penetrate the lip will blow out, and a leaking header on a street car can
ruin your enjoyment of the car.

One other point.  Make sure you trial fit the headers.  I have seen many
cases where the engine number bump on the LH side of the engine interferes
with the header.  As the header and head expand and contract the
interference can cause galling of the pipe and even cracking of the welds.
Grind the block to clear and save yourself future problems.

Kelvin.