RE: It Starts - Good and Bad??

To: Jim Stuart <vze3swyy@verizon.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: It Starts - Good and Bad??
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:02:42 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks to everyone for the comments.  Here is an
update:

I went back out to start the engine up this afternoon.
 The white smoke seems to have stopped from the
passenger exhaust.  I found an exhaust leak on the
passenger side right at the header to head connection.
 I'll try another gasket at this joint.

I still don't exactly know how to fix the significant
oil leak on the timing cover.  It's definitely coming
from around that 2nd hole, as you can actually see it
bubble out.  Jim was right, it looks like the Rover
block doesn't have a locating pin on that 2nd hole up.
 I can pull the timing cover off, and just put it back
on and hope, but that seems like a lot of work, when
it may very well do it again.  Any suggestions here?

I'm starting to get a little frustrated, I'd like to
get a month or two of driving this year.  Heck, now
that the truck is paid for, I can get a used Z3 for
only about 20k.

Thanks,

Glenn

http://finance.yahoo.com