RE: It Starts - Good and Bad??

To: "'Glenn'" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: It Starts - Good and Bad??
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:24:06 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Glenn-

2nd hole up on the driver's side is a register hole to match a locating pin
on the block, no bolt goes there. See if it is the crank seal leaking &
running to that point. It is possible that the cover did not sit flat to the
block prior to bolting down because the 2 locating pins did not line up or
were not even there. The other is near the top on the passenger side.

Start up noise in the valve train is not unusual until the lifters pump up &
fill with oil.

Rebuilt starters after being rebuilt several times are not as strong as you
would wish.

White smoke usually indicates water leaks into the combustion chamber, a
leak at the intake manifold? Try running it again, & hope it goes away. Try
pressurizing the cooling system & see if it holds pressure. Tire pump &
balloons.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>