running woes

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: running woes
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:01:39 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
This is that other message.

I have a stumble/surge at steady throttle and speed regardless of throttle
position.  The problem seems to be the worst coming off idle.  Under
acceleration I have no problems whatsoever.  When I do have these problems the
tach gets a little jumpy as well; I don't know if this is reading a cause or
an effect.  I think it is reading the result of a misfire since it goes away
when accelerating.  It just occurred to me that I don't think I gapped the
plugs when I bought them (Autolite), what is the proper gap?

Can anyone offer some insight into possible causes of my problem?  Thanks very
much.

James