RE: BOP Oil Pressure

To: "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BOP Oil Pressure
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:05:19 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Kelvin, according to my 1961 Buick Special service manual the 'normal
oil pressure' is '33 lbs at 2400 RPM'.

Mine was running about that, maybe a little less with what I think was
the stock pressure spring.  I recently changed the spring to one that
looked a little stronger, I musta guessed right because now it runs
around 33-35 lbs at cruising speed.  Idle is very low.  I'm using the
stock MG gauge which has a scale like 0 to 90(?).  So at idle it
approaches zero.  I've been told that is typical when you use the B
gauge.  I'm guessing your Rover gauge has a scale which is better suited
for the engine.

The oil pressure kit for the Buick V6 from NAPA comes with a selection
of springs.

Larry Hoy