RE: BOP Oil Pressure

To: "'Dodd, Kelvin'" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BOP Oil Pressure
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:33:47 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My 215 Buick runs 20 lbs hot at 500 rpm idle, 40 lbs hot at 2500 rpm
running. I use 10W30 Mobil 1.

Anything over 10-15 lbs at idle is probably OK, I would think your running
pressure is a little low. You might want to change brands of oil filters,
run 40 wt oil in hot weather, or try a new pressure relief valve & STOCK
spring.

Ted @ TSI might want to chime in here, as my only Rover is a 4.2, which runs
higher oil pressures than the Buick 215.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>