Re: And we think we have it hard!

To: Simon Green <sgreen@eurobell.net>
Subject: Re: And we think we have it hard!
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:12:24 -0500
Cc: "MGB Newsgroup (E-mail)" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
A few years ago I bought a (very rough) project Bugeye with a 3.5 V8 stuffed
in... a period mod from back in the 60's.  Skillful work... the engine sat back
well into the passenger compartment.  They used a Buick Dynaflow trans... I'm
not
sure they could have put three pedals into the driver's footwell! No room!

Most interestingly, they retained the stock differential/axle... which was, of
course, broken!

The driving position and ergonomics this mod imposed made my S2 Europa feel like
a roomy luxury car! ;-)

As luck would have it, a local rich dude (whose favorite car is a '63 Buick
Special coupe, 215 V8/4bbl, 4sp, AC) fell in love with the project and traded me
a nice XJS for it and a rusty older Minor Tourer.  I think he wants to drop a
215
in the Minor as well! ;-)

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL