RE: Oil pressure

To: BlkfxdWG@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil pressure
From: Timothy Duhamel <tduhamel@scprototech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:09:38 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Carl - say it ain't so!!  I've been waiting 3 years to see your car firin'
on 8!

Coincidentally, I JUST did the same thing as you.  I fired up a fresh
rebuilt using Dan's pump base as well.  With the pump packed and using a
priming tool, I was able to get pressure in a minute or two.  Oil: 10W30.
If you haven't had the pan off, a missing pickup tube is what I'd be looking
for. (Can you feed a probe through the drain plug to see if you can find the
pickup?  Taking the pan off will be less than fun.)

Tim Duhamel