Reinforcing inner fender holes for RV8 style headers??

To: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reinforcing inner fender holes for RV8 style headers??
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:42:59 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am installing RV8 style through the fender well headers in my car.  I
know on the RV8 they reinforces the holes by installing spot welded
sheet metal around the edge.  Has everyone done it this way or has
anyone not reinforced the holes?  If so, have you had any problems?
Reinforcing wouldn't be a big deal if the inner fenders were flat, but
since they curve to various degrees, it will be hard to form a piece of
sheet metal to conform to the curves.  Thanks.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO