Re: Oil Filter Hose's

To: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>, "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Hose's
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:39:56 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Try an industrial brake shop.  We have one here in Memphis that works on
RV's and Big Rigs.  They have aeroquip hose (blue rubber type/ Socketless)
We just bought all their scrap pieces and got a great deal.  They had all
the fittings as well

> I am at that point where I have mounted the remote oil filter and I am now
> trying to get the lines made up. I require several feet of hose which is
> $5.00 per foot in my area. The 90 degree fitting are about $25.00 each.
Are
> these threads more or less universal? The original MGB hose (which are not
> the right length) fittings fit the new remote oil filter, so I guess they
> are universal? Is there a place where I can get oil lines made up?
>
> Bruce

[This message delayed, as it was sent by someone who has their mailer set to
automatically include the entire message to which they reply.  mjb.]