RE: Torque settings for Rover exhaust manifolds

To: "'lmg@gomog.com'" <lmg@gomog.com>
Subject: RE: Torque settings for Rover exhaust manifolds
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:35:00 -0700
Cc: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, "'MG V8 List'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Lorne,
I may have an explanation - I think the GEG 692 manifold gaskets were only
used on EXPORT SD1s.  I seem to recall the Beers mentioning that fact when I
talked to them in the UK.  Can't tell from your address, but if you are in
the UK, your cars may not have exhaust manifold gaskets, but the ones sent
to the US did!  Probably has to do with emissions requirements.
Cheers,
Paul Kile