Advance curve V8 engines

Subject: Advance curve V8 engines
From: "Opstal, Lex van" <agopstal@huygmetaal.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:13:07 +0200
Cc: TR8 List <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, MGV8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Steve,
That is exactly what I mean.
>From the manual and several other sources I seem
to understand that the maximum mechanical advance for the
the 3.5 SD1 whether or not modified should be 22 degrees BTDC.

That would be the figure for a efficient 4-valve engine so I'm puzzled
and therefore I asked about real experiences proven on the dyno
or chassisdyno what the actual advance figures should be.

Hope there will be some more comments on this subject.

Lex van Opstal.