RE: Stroking a 4.6 Rover?

To: "David Kernberger" <dkern@napanet.net>
Subject: RE: Stroking a 4.6 Rover?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:12:13 -0600
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Dave, thanks for the interest.  I have tried to put together bits and pieces I
could find about the BOPR or is that BORP : - ) engines, check out
http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/V8EngineSpecs.htm and let me know if what is
there is correct, if anyone can fill in the blanks I'd appreciate it.

My first challenge with the engine I have found is it is missing a rod and
piston.  Go figure.  I spoke with Glenn Towery, and plan to speak with Ted
Schumacher about this.  But rather than go back stock ... since I have the 300
crank ... well you know, I can't pass up a good challenge.  This will be an on
going project, something that doesn't have to happen now.

I know the 4.6L engine is a rather new configuration and not a lot of people
have done much with it but it seems to me that someone, somewhere has thrown in
the 300 crank.  It seems like a natural.

My crude calculations tell me that if you bore the 4.6L .020 over, and stroke it
with the 300 crank, you have a 326CI or 5.3L, have I made a mistake?

Larry Hoy