Re: Stroking a 4.6 Rover?

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Stroking a 4.6 Rover?
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:30:07 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
10/4/00

Larry,

        The stroke on the 300 Buick crank is 3.400".  I would love to know
the stroke on the 4.6 Rover because I am trying to compile specifications
on all the Rover engines for my own information.  The main bearing size is
also something I want to know.  Awhile back listers were saying the 4.6 had
"larger" mains but nobody stated the actual diameter.  The Buick 300 is
2.500".  I suspect rods have remained 2.000" on all of these engines.  Is
that the case anybody?  Meanwhild the Buick 300 crank has a different rear
flange arrangement; and what about these new style crank driven oil pumps
and distributorless front covers?  There may be several considerations to
work out here.

Regards,

Dave Kernberger