Re: Nice web site!

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nice web site!
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:44:08 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
6/12/00

        Hello again--same subject as below.

        Anybody have any information on these spark deflectors?  I have
only received 1 very short response to this point.  I am curious because it
looks like they would be easy to remove and doing so would increase the
combustion chamber volume a little bit.  This might be useful in certain
buildups for controlling (limiting) compression ratio.

        So, how about some straight dope????

Cheers,

Dave Kernberger

6/8/00

Greg,

        Thanks for the link--very interesting (and expensive!!!) project.
Am I right that this is from New Zealand?  I noticed something on the first
closeup view of the combustion chambers that I have been wondering
about--the little raised-up squarish things next to the spark plug holes--I
think they may be called "spark deflectors".  Do you by any chance know
their purpose and/or importance?  Do you think they could be removed
without compromising the head's performance?

        Same questions to everyone else who may see this.

        TIA

Cheers,

Dave Kernberger