wipers and speakers

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: wipers and speakers
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 07:34:10 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 10:55 PM 3/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Jack-
>
>yes, have lengthened the cowl, added the steel dash, 2 wipers, not 3. The 67
>speaker  surround does not fit, so I am modifying a 68. Not sure how it will
>turn out yet.
>
>Jim

We left the 3 wipers and 2 speed motor, use a switch from a early GT with
2spd.  I have a UK made fiberglass replica of the Brit speaker housing
which is made for the steel dash and 4 synch tunnel.  I have $10 in it, you
can have it for that and postage.

In my car I made the speaker surround from 22 ga steel and covered it with
black grained vinyl.  Used the early octagonal speaker grille and had a way
to mount my 4 way flasher switch neatly.  It looks ok.

Did you do the Vintage air deal again?  I'm doing a GT with dealer air and
am considering the VA setup like in your blue car.

The 3 wiper deal is fun at shows.  I always manage to get a couple of
"experts" arguing over early cars with 3 wipers.  This is how some of our
Urban MG legends get started......
Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
207-884-8523