Rover/Buick/Olds conversions...

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rover/Buick/Olds conversions...
From: DAN_GRAVES@hp-roseville-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:53:38 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net

     Just curious.  For those of you building MG's with R/B/O V8's, why
     that particular engine?  Is it because its closer to the original
     factory setup, or maybe because of conversion kits available?  I
     admit, I know next to nothing about those engines, but I've heard that
     they don't put out all that much hp.  With today's engines putting out
     much higher power to engine size ratios wouldn't it be easier to drop
     in a V6?  If cost isn't too big of an issue I can think of 4cyl motors
     that would be great for a high-output swap.  If I were to do another
     engine swap in an MG I'd probably use something other than a V8.

     Dan Graves
     '64 MGB-Ford 289