Re: [Mg-t] MGTF starter issue

To: "'Howard Battan'" <battanhr@comcast.net>, "'MG'"
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] MGTF starter issue
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:43:25 -0500
If the starter spins but does not engage, the problem is likely in the
Bendix. Clean around it thoroughly and lubricate it lightly with a light oil
- not much, just enough so as the driving gear is free to spin.

Since you describe the problem as "jamming", not "not turning" I am assuming
it is not electrical in nature.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer