Re: XPEG dwell spec?

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: XPEG dwell spec?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:45:21 -0400
Terry,
   The late TDs and all TFs (as far as I know) have in the distributor
the high-lift cam, which is set to 60 degrees dwell.
   You don't set by dwell ......?  Once I learned how to do it, I've only
set by dwell, as it seems to me to be more accurate and less likely to
get oil onto the points than repeated efforts with a feeler gauge.
   I guess this is an illustration of how we can achieve satisfactory
ends by different methods.
Bob
   60 degrees dwell, 3 degrees BTDC in my MkII TD