TD Seat Installation

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Seat Installation
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 19:42:06 -0400
Hello List. I have got my '53 TD seat back and seat bottoms nicely
upholstered with a Moss kit and ready to be installed into the car. The
following questions have come to light:

1. After looking at the Moss catalog, I assume from the diagrams of the
seat slides that the hinged portion faces forward.  Are the seat bottoms
attached ONLY at the front to the T-bolt recepticles in the floorboards?

2. The portion of the seat back hinge that attaches to the seat back
itself (the sleeve)...........What type of screws or fasteners are
correct? Are thosehinges supposed to be black?

3. On which side of the seat bottoms does the spring-loaded adjuster
slide go?

Even without the seats being attached, it was VERY NICE to sit in the
cockpit of my car for the first time. I found out how fun it is just to
get in and out of the car as well!

As always, thanks in advance for your input and advice. The list
deserves great credit for getting me this close to the finish. But I
suppose one could argue that with LBC's, one is never really finished.

Bill Snyder
Waynesville, NC