RE: TC engine shudder

To: "'Bob Howard'" <mgbob@juno.com>, <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Subject: RE: TC engine shudder
From: "James Fischer" <jfischer@supercollider.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:45:15 -0400
> It's said that any slack in the drive train, engine mounts, gearbox
> mount, chains/levers/clevis pins, universals, U-bolts, etc
> can cause the judders.  I would like to think that I have properly
> attended to all of them...
> ...And the judder in my TD is just as bothersome as it
> always has been for 30 years.

Might I suggest that the differential might be worth a look?
"Reverse" means that the differential gears are meshing on the
opposite sides of the teeth, and MG Midgets have a unique
"reverse whine" that is a whole different note from the
"forward noise", almost loud enough to qualify as a back-up
warning indicator.  :)

                jim