Re: TC engine shudder

To: timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au
Subject: Re: TC engine shudder
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:06:44 -0400
Tim,
   It's said that any slack in the drive train, engine mounts, gearbox
mount, chains/levers/clevis pins, universals, U-bolts, etc can cause the
judders.  I would like to think that I have properly attended to all of
them, having replaced all the rubber engine mounting bits, machined & and
replaced levers/clevis pins, universal joints, U-bolts, spring rubbers,
etc. And the judder in my TD is just as bothersome as it always has been
for 30 years.  It may, someday, become charming; until then I tolerate
it.
Bob