Re: switch winding (again)

To: ddubois@sinclair.net
Subject: Re: switch winding (again)
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:10:36 -0500
Dave,
   For my TD, I jumped one socket's mile of wire and bought a replacement
socket for the other; use 12v bulbs in each.   As you said, the 12v is
mighty bright. The 12v bulb in the new socket, that has some resistance
wire wound around it though I can't tell how much and didn't measure
resistance, is dimmer though still visible night and day.
   How does one figure the resistance needed to use a bulb other than
12v, for instance, using a more-common 6v in a socket that had its
original mile of wire rust away?
Bob