Patented Dumb Questions

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Patented Dumb Questions
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:41:04 -0600
Hi Mates

   Here I go again with my patented dumb questions.

   How much air should I put in the TD tires? It has P165-15 radials. Shop
manual says 18 psi or something low like that. The tire sidewalls say 44 psi.

   Before putting the rebuilt rear shocks on the TF I want to paint up the
frame in that area. When I cleaned the road gook there were large bare metal
sections. I know the best way to finish a rusty frame, but how do I get the
POR-15 to stick on the bare metal portions? I'm working from underneath with
the car on a 4-post lift, so access is pretty good, but not great.

   By the way, there's still plenty of snow piles here in Iola, Wis., but I
brought the TD to work today as the temperature is in the mid-40s and the roads
are all clear.

John Gunnell