Taxes

To: MG Net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Taxes
From: Gene Fodor <crownwhl@sover.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:10:06 -0500
Listers, here is an interesting that just happened to me. I purchased a
lift in September from an out of state company that was at a car show in
Vermont and paid for it through a credit card. The purchase was not made
at the show, but later via mail.
Saturday, I received fro the Vermont tax department a letter, (which I
thought was my refund) that stated that part of the refund was being
taken to cover an unpaid sales & use tax! With no other explanation, so
I am assuming that is what it was for as I have made no other purchases.
I have asked the tax department for complete explanation and how they
obtained that information.
So, be aware the tax bureaucrat is watching!
Gene
53 MGTD
Vermont