Thanks, List! Brake cylinder help

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks, List! Brake cylinder help
From: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:14:35 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question about freeing up brake
cylinder pistons. The grease gun method was the most appealing, but since
I lacked the tools and fittings needed to rig a connection to my grease
gun, I opted to try Skip Kelsey's suggestion of heating the cylinders
with a torch. It worked like a charm and rebuild kits are on the way. For
those who recommended new cylinders, I hear you, but when the budget gets
lean, I try to use what I have. If it comes back to bite me, that is not
a situation with which I am unfamiliar! Thanks again to all.
Bill Snyder
'53 TD
PS I buy most of my parts from Skip (Shadetree Motors). He could easily
have recommended new cylinders as well. As illustrated, he has always
been an honest dealer with reasonable prices. (He also had nothing to do
with this plug for his enterprise.)