Southwest trip planned

To: MGVR@yahoogroups.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Southwest trip planned
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:22:12 EST
Listers:

Seems I just couldn't wait.  Too much coffee and Guiness while wandering
around eBay and I  somehow made a lowball bid on a 2002 "B-Mini" Cooper S.
Damned if I didn't actually win the thing.  Since I have to drive the little
shoe box home to Michigan from New Mexico and she-who-must-be-obeyed will
likely notice my absence of a few days, I had to fess up and tell her what
happened.  Have to say, she was a pretty good sport about it-- asked me if it
was "at least" the one with the supercharger!

So, Monday I fly to El Paso and then get myself to Las Cruces to see what I
paid for.  Thank goodness for escrow companies-- I hate mailing big checks to
strangers who don't own MGs.  Figure to drive back by way of Dallas to see a
buddy from a previous and long since squandered life, and then head back
north by a yet-to-be determined circuitous route.  I'm looking for ideas.
And, if we can arrange a little nog'n'natter along the way, so much the
better.  Email me off list if you want to.

Regards,

John Deikis
MGTD2@aol.com