RE: Oil Filter Question--Success

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "Nels Anderson"
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Question--Success
From: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:15:06 -0400
"Skinny seal" means nothing . The slot in the oil pump is 0.090" wide.
Rubber seals come in at least three different widths, use the 0.088" wide
seal.
And if you want to have an adapter for the late TD/TF oil pump to accept a
modern spin-on filter, I can supply one for $42.00 US$, including mail cost
in North America. Now you never again disturb the filter oil seal in the oil
pump. Makes oil filter changes a breeze.
Bob Grunau
Nels:

    Glad to hear you found the secret recess where the seal goes. I usually
find the skinny seal is the one that fits best. It sure is a pain to get it
seated properly! A little advice: When tightening the canister, make sure it
doesn't turn against the seal. After changing the filter, run the engine a
few minutes making sure the canister is sealed well before you hit the road.
When it leaks, it leaks spectacularly!